What is Invisalign?
Your Invisalign treatment will consist of a series of aligners that you switch out about every two weeks. Each aligner is individually manufactured with exact calculations to gradually shift your teeth into place. And since your Invisalign system is custom-made for your teeth and your teeth only, with a plan devised by Dr. Davis, you know you’ll end up with a smile that truly fits.
If you’re ready for a smile that transforms your appearance, Invisalign is your answer. Although there are many choices out there, no other works as effortlessly as the Invisalign system.
Invisalign is a patented proprietary system that uses 3D modeling software and cutting-edge manufacturing technology to provide a clear, removable solution for straightening teeth. Invisalign is effective at treating a wide variety of orthodontic issues including:
- Deep bite
- Open bite
How it is made
So what happens when you decide Invisalign is for you? Simply visit Dr. Mark Davis, an Invisalign-trained doctor, for a consultation to discuss the goals you have for your smile. Once Dr. Davis determines that Invisalign is right for you, he will write up a detailed treatment plan, and a set of virtually invisible aligners will then be sent to our office. Your Invisalign system may look like a simple piece of plastic, but it’s much more. With advanced technology, your Invisalign aligners are custom-made for you, and only you. Over time, your teeth should move to reveal the smile you’ve been looking for. So take a look at the steps you and Dr. Davis will take to get you to a brand-new smile.
- Your initial consultation is offered free of charge. You’ll discuss the issues you have with your teeth and what kind of results you would like to see. Once Dr. Davis decides your situation is suitable for Invisalign treatment, a treatment plan will be mapped out with your goals in mind. Then, impressions and pictures of your teeth will be taken for digitization purposes.
- The impressions of your teeth will be digitized in order for Dr. Davis to work with a computerized 3-D image of your teeth. Then, Dr. Davis will plan your tooth movements throughout your entire treatment timeline. You’ll be able to see a virtual representation of your teeth before, during, and after completion of the Invisalign process so you can see what your smile should look like when you’re done with treatment.
- From Dr. Davis’ precise treatment plan, customized aligners are created with advanced technology for you to wear at each stage of your treatment. While the number of aligners varies for each individual situation, a full set of treatment typically includes 20-30 aligners per arch.
- You should wear your aligners at all times, with the exception of eating and drinking, in order to complete your treatment in the timeline determined by you and Dr. Davis. You’ll go in for occasional checkups, to monitor your progress and to receive your next set of aligners. During the entire treatment process, you’ll be able to watch your teeth gradually moving into place. Your smile will, little by little, move into something you’d like to show off. The people around you will be sure to notice your new-found confidence.
- Uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten without metal wires.
- Nearly invisible, and hard to see.
- Are able to be removed at any time.
- Treatment does not involve metal which can irritate the gums
- Allows you to brush and floss normally, without metal wires in the way
Invisalign for Teens
Invisalign Teen uses the same Invisalign technology as adult aligners, moving teeth gradually with each set of clear, comfortable plastic aligners. But because teens (and their mouths) are constantly on the move, we’ve added a few special features.
- Blue wear-indicators fade from blue to clear to help your teen gauge wear time
- Designed to compensate for the growth of new teeth and molars
- Six free individual replacement aligners are included in case any get lost or misplaced
Best of all, Invisalign Teen works. So teens can smile with confidence and parents can, too.
At Perfect Smile Tulsa we offer many dental and cosmetic services, designed to make your smile the best it can be. You might also be interested in our teeth whitening treatments, BOTOX® treatments, or the convenience of a Snap-On Smile.